We aim to provide a website that is accessible to all of its visitors, no matter what browser you use, and whether or not you have any disabilities. The layout takes into account users who are visually impaired or have difficulties using a mouse. It has been developed to be compatible with popular screen reading software, and can be navigated easily using just a keyboard.
Please contact us if you wish to give us feedback so we can continue to improve the accessibility of this web site.
We strive to conform, at a minimum, to Level Double-A compliance as specified by the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. This also involves implementing a number of selected Priority 3 checkpoints.
In general, the site conforms to WAI Level Double-A rating where HTML is used. Where content is made available in other formats such as Adobe Acrobat and Flash, conformance has not been achieved.
- Links are written to make sense when read out of context.
- All images used in this site have appropriate text equivalents.
- Cascading style sheets have been used for layout and presentation.
- Each page is constructed so that it can be read without style sheets.
- This site uses relative font sizes to enable the user to specify "text size" in visual browsers.
- All forms follow a logical Tab sequence.
- Labels are associated with fields in HTML forms.
We have provided a site map of the main headings in the web site. This is the best place to get an overview of what is available on the web site. The links in the site map take you to the main sections of the site.
- W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- RNIB - Royal National Institute of Blind People
Accessing our publications
Estyn does not produce hard-copies of inspection reports, but electronic copies of all inspection reports from the last 6 years will be available to download on our website.
If an electronic copy of the report you require on this site is not available, as it is more than 6 years old, you need to contact the education and training provider for a paper copy. They cannot refuse your request, but they are entitled to make a small charge for photocopying.
You need Adobe Acrobat to view our publications. If you do not have this free software click the icon below to download it from the Adobe web site.